Thursday, March 21, 2013

Crispy Sweet Potato Chips

I hope I'm not overloading you with sweet potato recipes.  Some of you know that I had pounds and pounds of them to work with back in the fall.  I tried to come up with as many recipes as possible before they went bad, and I'm pleased to report that they were all turned into baby food*, blueberry baked oatmeal with sweet potato pureeoven baked sweet potato fries, and more.  Today's recipe is a quick and easy slice-and-bake that I almost decided to leave out of the blog.  I figured that most people could come up with this on their own if they really wanted some chips.  Still, it's nice to have someone else figure out things like oven temperature, baking time, etc.  I think this is the last of my sweet potato recipes;  I hope you enjoyed them!  I tried to spread them out over the past few months so I didn't have to change my blog name to 'Eat Sweet Potatoes, Feel Good!'

*Please leave a comment if you'd like me to do a baby food post.  I've made a wide variety of organic purees for Baby C, who is eating them with gusto!

CRISPY SWEET POTATO CHIPS

Ingredients:

2 small sweet potatoes
1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
3/4 tsp cornstarch
sea salt, to taste
non-GMO, no high fructose corn syrup, organic ketchup (for dipping)

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2.  Slice sweet potatoes to 1/8 - 1/4 inches thick.  This would be much easier with a mandolin slicer, but I don't have that kind of cash (the good ones are expensive!) so I had to use my trusty kitchen knife instead.

3.  Toss sweet potato slices with olive oil.  Add cornstarch and toss again.  The cornstarch isn't necessary, but it gives the chips a nice crunch.

4.  Place chips on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.

5.  Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and add more salt.  Bake for 10 additional minutes.

6.  Remove from oven, cool, and ENJOY!

Slice sweet potatoes to 1/8 - 1/4 inches thick.

Toss sweet potato slices with olive oil.  Add cornstarch and toss again.

Place chips on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.  Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and add more salt.  Bake for 10 additional minutes.

Remove from oven, cool, and ENJOY!

Yum!

...and finally, here's a fun little image that was shared today on one of my favorite blogs - Oh She Glows.  I have to say, this is EXACTLY how I'm feeling today!



2 comments: